Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hello? Is it me you've been looking for?

I haven't been around because a few weeks ago, this man came home! He was in Florida at an Air Force base doing some training. Not sure why the Marine Corps would do training with the AF, I though the MC hated all other branches...I often like to think of the MC as the snooty branch, they think they're the toughest branch, but honestly, this picture goes against everything they stand for. This boy loves his dog, and his dog loves him back!


A few weeks ago we took a trip to Swansboro to check out a beer place Dustin had heard about. I've been on a nothing but retro kick since we've moved here... Perhaps it's the southern atmosphere that's making me think my cross country move has transported me back 6 decades. It truly is very old fashioned here, everyone waves in the neighborhood, your mail lady pays the extra 40 cents on your postage for you, and the kids are always running in the streets shouting hello as you drive by. If I could convince my family to move out his way, I'd never leave.

This was the bathroom of the beer place, I was obsessed and need to find those ceramic deer heads, oh say, yesterday. And those books on the ceiling! I die!

Thanks Trish! You're def getting a cute coffee cozy and Dunkin Donuts gift card for Christmas! 

We went to Wilmington last weekend! I wasn't too impressed with the downtown area, maybe because I'm so in love with the town I'm in? It reminded me a lot of San Diego. Like a southern SD. There were tattoo shops everywhere and felt super hipster, which I love because if I didn't want to be a teacher, I would definitely be a tattoo yielding hipster. Def. 

I've also gotten a TON of compliments on my itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, white polka dot dress, so let me just say to you. Target, girlfran! It fits amazingly too.

More of Wilmington! 

I've also been enjoying some time away from homework to tan and read. This is such a great book! I have a bestie in NC, and he let me borrow this amazing book that I highly recommend! 

The weather has turned, it's definitely humid here! It's so weird to go to the beach and be hot! There aren't too many burning hot days at the beach in California! So far I like it, but I say that now!

I haven't crafted lately. Sad face. I just haven't been inspired. Someone please help me! I have sewers block?!? Is that even such a thing? I saw so many fellow sewers at quilt market in Portland and it made me sad! I want a sewing trip with my best friends!! As soon as I get my teaching credential I am SO going!!!

Hopefully this weekend I'll get down with a craft or two. Happy Memorial Day y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment