Thursday, February 14, 2013

TV Stand - Hit it and quit it!

Hey y'all! Since the penis finger incident last week, I haven't had much time to write because I couldn't bend my finger. Typing without a pointer finger BLOWS, so I said fuck it, and I finally "accidentally" ripped a stitch, so guess who can now bend their finger? This girl.

So, if you remember this post from nearly a month ago, I talked about how I was forcing my crafty bitchyness on my husband to make me a TV stand? Well, we finished it!
Created and Assembled

Completed!

I finally got the TV stand of my dreams, and we made it. I do like entertainment centers that are huge and have lots of decoration space, with with the military life, you NEVER know what your next house is going to look like, hell it could be in a van down by the river for all we know! So we decided to keep it a simple for when we move again, someday.

We didn't have any real instructions, we went off of pictures of another TV stand mama liked. The guido did the cutting, sanding, nailing, and I did the staining and poly top coat. It actually didn't take very long to make, but it was super cold here about two weeks ago, and that really put a damper on us hanging out in the garage like all the other red necks do in our area. We finally bought a space heater and decided to hit it and quit it! Now that we've made one, I am considering having the husband make another one for the end of our bed. If we end up doing that, I'll take pictures and do a tutorial, because it's super easy, all you need is a miter saw, which we had from my parents! Thank you Heysoups!

This weekend we went to the farmers market in DT New Bern because we're Vegans, remember? Yeah, we're still on that kick, and we did actually find some fresh local veggies.

As we were leaving I realized I forgot to share with you all a little story from when I cut my finger. You see, I didn't know where that hospital was, and I made a wrong turn off the freeway, and ended up passing this place below. It's an antique flea market, and I seriously considered pulling over, keeping my finger elevated and having a looksee of the place. Unfortunately, this area of town is a little sketchy, so I decided to return when I had some muscle with me. And by muscle, I mean a gun.

Black Swan Flea Market

This place was amazing. I loved it. The front of the house is original, from the early 1800s, the back was an add on much later. This made it have a little bit of an awkward floorplan. There were so many little rooms I just couldn't figure out what could have been what, before it was a store. Anyways, they have neat stuff. The lady who owns it does upcycling. There were old doors, windows, fencing, and when we were leaving, I saw the PERFECT door for a headboard for my guest room. I must go back and see if it's still there!

In the original part of the house - and I'm 5'3...

I also forgot to share with you my latest sewing adventure. I haven't had time to work on it again, due to penis finger syndrome. Honestly, you never realize how much you use your pointer fingers until you can't use one! Remember my reading nook? Well, I love that area more than any room in the house, but our house is a little cold, so I thought it needed its own throw. This is how far I am, thought I would give you all a sneak peek! I can't decide what backing to do. They have this super cute polka dot backing that I thought would look SO funky, and the coloring would match perfectly. I'm still debating on it. Hopefully it will be done next week!

This weekend we are off to Maryland to see my brother, his wife, and his bambino Oliver! I can't wait to visit and hopefully explore DC if there is some good weather. Hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment