Thursday, February 21, 2013

Washington, DC

This past weekend Dustin and I finally made a trip up to Maryland to see my brother and his family. It's about a 6 hour drive from North Carolina, and we got to see a real freeway! Thank you sweet 7lb sweet baby Jesus! Driving 50MPH on a "freeway" here is torture, absolute torture. So we finally got to see something more than 2 lanes of traffic. YES!
Add these to my list of welcome state signs

I haven't seen baby Ollie since September, and he's so much bigger now! He is the sweetest baby I've ever been around in my entire life. Seriously. I've never seen a better baby in my life. I don't think he cried once, and is just a happy cute little guy. You wouldn't be able to tell by this mean mugging picture with Dustin, but he loved Dustin so much! Dustin kept telling him "let's make your aunt jealous" because Oliver kept wanting to crawl all over Dustin. Hey Oliver, Dustin doesn't even like kids, but me, I LOVE THEM!
Oliver and Jesus

Remember the blanket I made? I was finally able to give it to him. It was perfect for our little trip into the city because it was freezing in DC this weekend.

Olliesaurus

Those cheeks!

What was great about our visit was that we got to see Dustin's little guido brother as well, Dennis! Dennis is stationed in PA as a recruiter, so he drove the 2 hours down to see us, bless that little boys heart. My brother in law, is PRECIOUS. I love that boy, he is the sweetest person, and always so much fun.

Near the Jefferson Memorial

I told their mother I would send pictures of them...

Walking to the White House

Don't mind the hurr, it was windy as hell

My favorite monument! I love how you can see the difference in marble! Also, notice how there is no one around?? When we walked back, ran a mile back to the car later that night it was 11 degrees. The best time of the year to go into the city is when it's cold! It's almost like you have the whole city to yourself.

We had a fun time in DC, and can't wait to go back and see some more museums! This was my fourth visit to DC and I still haven't seen all the museums, no wonder in California they take kids out to DC for a week, there is just so much to see.

So. Here is the saddest part of our whole trip. It snowed in New Bern, North Carolina while we were gone! :( I've never seen snow fall. I've seen it on the ground before, but I want to see snow fall. I thought it would snow in Maryland this weekend, but it didn't, there was a tiny flurry, but no snow. I swear, weather like this always happens to me! When I would go out of town for work in California, we would have like 80 degree weather at the beach. Story of my damn life!
Petey baby in the snow!

Now that my family is visiting in a little over the month, I'm about to get craft mothingeffing crazy up in my house. I have end tables to make, quilts to make, a ton of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment