Sunday, March 17, 2013

Standup Paddleboarding

I have been hitting the crafts hard lately. It's all I do whenever I have free time, sew, craft, clean, and repeat. Yesterday was a glorious day here in North Cackalacky, so I threw my quilt to the side, slapped on my bikini, grabbed everything beach related, and sped off to the "beach."Technically it's a river, I jump, but there's sand, so whatever.

I've been dying to take my paddleboard down the Neuse River since we moved here. You can paddleboard in the ocean, but with the waves and the wind, there's a greater chance you'll fall in. In the calm water of the river, I knew I wouldn't fall in. It was warm enough to be on the paddleboard, but not warm enough to be submerged in the water, so I was stoked to get some sun.

Flanners Beach



I brought the fattest shih-tzu in the world along, because he's getting groomed on Tuesday, and he loves to rub his beard in the sand, so I figured since he's getting washed on Tuesday, why not fulfill his life dreams. I am soooooo happy that I brought this little nugget with me because I decided to throw his ass on my paddleboard and see if he would try to jump off.


And he LOVED IT. This would never happen in California because I think it would have been too cold for him, the water gets up on my board a little bit, but since it was pretty hot and humid he loved getting splashed. I stayed in the shallow water because I was afraid he was going to commit doggie suicide, and take a header off the board, but mostly he just laid down, or stood up at the front of the board, which is super slippery! This dog has balance like a cat! I swear!





So of course I went out immediately after and bought him his very own lifejacket. I hope it loosens up a bit, because he looks like a very unhappy stuffed sausage. I can't wait to take him out again!!


This week I will have finished my headboard and quilt, so I can't wait to post pictures! I'm also making some scrabble piece throw pillows that I can't wait to share with you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment