Sunday, March 10, 2013

Update - Whatcha Making?

I have been very busy lately, and unfortunately neglecting any and all pictures of my latest crafts. My family is coming to visit April 1, and I decided to make a quilt for the extra bed, and pillows, and curtains, and decorations...You catch my drift. Luckily, I've had an insane amount of energy. So enjoy the photos below...

Remember the Valentine's Day bunting flag I made? Well, I loved it so much, I made a St. Patty's Day one too.

I made my two little nephews dinosaur hoodies for Christmas, but not my older nephew because my sister and I weren't sure that he would like it. Well they both got dino hoodies, and my older nephew wanted one too! So I whipped out this bad boy and mailed it out there to him. I had to try it on before I sent it because I was considering keeping it, I was really happy with how it turned out. I'm glad Luke loved it because he's a special little guy. He was my first nephew, and I called out his birthdate before he was born. I knew he was going to be born on Saint Patricks Day, I just knew it! 


Lukosaurus - I miss this little guy!

Oh and guess WHAT? Mama finished decorating the reading nook! FINALLY. I made this little chevron throw for that area because I actually do use it, and like to cuddle up with a blanket when I read. The quilt is quilted in a chevron pattern as well, so it's reversible. The back side, which I don't have a picture of, is a vintage floral sheet. 


When Hobby Lobby opened, they had a ton of that burlap chevron print. I saw they had a whole yard of this color in the remnants for $4!!! I swooped it up and made a pillow for my nook. You can also see the quilting of the chevron throw better in this picture.

And here are the fabrics I am using to make the extra bedroom quilt. That top piece is a vintage Monticello sheet. I have a whole set, SCORE! I'm using the flat sheet from this set as the backing to the quilt. It's looking pretty good. I'll post the finished product hopefully later this week because I've already assembled the top quilt!

I made this lovely cup at my craft group this week. Too cute right? I just want to have a backyard BBQ and serve lemonade in them! 

I've been feeling very productive lately because it feels like spring! Yesterday I took my husband out of the house for a run/bringing him to the house of pain. I've upped my mileage, so when we run 4 miles, it's like a cake walk. I ran last week with him and he nearly died, and we always sprint the last little bit to the car or the house, and he had his ass handed to him by me.

Anyways, I've been running through my neighborhood, and a few days ago I came across this weird driveway that looked like it went into the woods. Now, I've seen horror movies, I know not to go back there alone, so I waited until yesterday so I could run there with Dustin, and it was AMAZING. Isn't this just a beautiful picture? The light streaming in? The woods full of color? Spring people. SPRING!

So we were walking, and we came across this fence. Chained, barbed wire around the top? Yeah, we went in. Good thing I brought my phone with me because we found out we were actually crossing over into Cherry Point MCAS. Isn't that safe? I didn't take pictures of what was behind the gate because secretly I was afraid we were going to get into trouble. So we ran through a forest towards the water, and ended up on the Neuse River. I always say it's the "beach" because, we'll there is sand! It was so beautiful because it was like an untouched beach. I'm sure other people in our neighborhood know it's there, but do they have the balls to cross the fence? Probs not.

Today we are making a headboard, and I'm actually remembering to take pictures, so there will be a detailed tutorial of that soon! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment