Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

My newsfeed on Facebook, Instagram, everywhere is flooding with people's thoughts about 2012, and their wishes for a better new year in 2013. I always find it funny that EVERY New Year's Eve people make the same claims, that the current year was dreadful and that the new year will be better. Same thing, every New Year's Eve! So I guess I'll hop on the bandwagon!

2012 was actually better than 2011 for me! I heard or read once that your New Year's Eve is important, because it sets up your tone for the rest of the year. For instance, I spent my 12.31.10 NYE with a future sister-in-law that I didn't like, and thought was shady...anddddd it turns out my 2011 was full of her bullshit drama, and lets just say I am down 1 sister-in-law. Thank god for that! My 12.31.11 NYE was spent I think sleeping in bed with Dustin because he was in the middle of a cycle, and I saw a lot more of Dustin this year than any year when he was a drill instructor before!!

So, I spent my 12.31.12 NYE in a hotel in Birmingham, Alabama asleep with my husband and dogs. I think this means a year of traveling, and hopefully with our dogs! (Pending squeezing that fat shih-tzu into a carry on!) I am not a NYE type of person anyways, that song they play? Auld Sang Lyne? Depressing!!!!!!! Perfect example? Sex & the City where Carrie runs to Miranda. That song ruins any sort of drinking fun for me!

Anyways! I decided to make some New Years goals, that will start February 1 because I am too busy until then!!!

#1 - Make something new from Pinterest, once a week. Whether it's a recipe, craft, or as big as a furniture project. And take pictures and post a tutorial or a link to whatever tutorial I used.
#2 - Eat healthier and learn more healthy recipes. I eat like a fat kid. I can't help it, I love butter!
#3 - Find a cross fit gym and give it a shot! Fit is the new skinny!
#4 - Run the Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point half marathon in less than 2 hours on March 23!!
#5 - Get my teaching credential, just need to get accepted!
#6 - Go to Puerto Rico, California, Arizona, and Maryland to visit friends and family! I have 6 months until my maybe credential program starts! I'm hoping to sell some of my sewing items on etsy to buy my plane tickets, so email me for requests!!! rageagainst1sewingmachine[at]gmail[dot]com
#7 - Be a nicer person. I'm very quick to judge, and I'm hoping that some of that southern hospitality might rub off on me long enough to make some friends.

Here's to hoping I can keep my resolutions!!! :) Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I would like for you to add Texas onto your travel prospects for 2013. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete