Sunday, January 27, 2013

You so mugly!

I've been crafttttttiiinnggggg y'all. I made these lovely lady lumps mugs at a craft group last week. I've had a zillion people ask me where the mugs are from, they're from Target, aka Mecca, aka the greatest place in the world, and they're super cheap. This craft is SO damn easy. You just need porcelain mugs, a sharpie, and an oven. I printed off an "E" and the two states online and then taped them down and traced them. After you draw on them, you bake them at 350 for 30 minutes, BAM! You're done! You can see on the "E" what happens when you try to do more than one line, on the states is one clean crisp line, much nicer!

I always make something for myself before I reproduce it for others or else I get my hopes set on a gift, and it turns out to be whoriffic horrific. These are pretty cute, I need to get my ass back to Target before everyone buys these mugs out and make some for some other ladies I know... :)

You so mugly

It's also been colder than a witches tit lately. On Friday we had sleet? Oh what? You're from California and have no idea what the hell sleet means? Yeah me too, a word that makes WAY more sense is "freezing rain." That was interesting. I didn't leave my house, I was too afraid to! Just ask Sevi, she used to pick me up from college when it rained. Bless her! My guido husband has been hating on me lately because of the Weatherbug app. It will say that the current temperature is something like 34 degrees, but then it says "But feels like 27." So, of course he's been saying, "Today was something crazy like 34 degrees!" and I'll follow up with a "BUT it feels like 27!!!" Every. Time. I'm obsessed with weatherbug, it gives you updates, tells you where the nearest lightning strike is to you, it is soooo cool.

Anyways, I walked out my door on Saturday morning and saw this! This is my little fairy birdbath frozen solid. I was not looking forward to my long Saturday morning run in 30 degree weather (but felt like 24 degrees!!) I ran 7.25 miles basically face down looking for patches of ice. That's all I need to do is get 3.5 miles away from my house, fall on my ass in the middle of the road, and limp my way back to my house. I didn't fall, luckily, but there's always this week for that!



As my husbands personal event coordinator, I told him that he would drive me around to get a feel of the area and look for things to do. We headed to Downtown New Bern and looked at some historical homes. I actually looked at houses in this area for us to rent, but it just seemed too sketchy. I couldn't see myself running through the streets, and I refuse to live somewhere where you're afraid to venture out of your own home. Don't get me wrong, the home below is obviously on a nice street, but three streets over? Not so much. But, I still love the houses down there. So much history, so much character. I couldn't even get the whole house in the picture because it was HUGE, with a wrap around porch. I DIE!


It was too cold to walk around today, so I made Dustin do a drive by of the cemetery. This cemetery was a lot like the one I went to in Georgia, you can drive through the cemetery on a dirt road. Fascinating. I am going to go back when it's  little less chilly and do the whole tour and walk around, because it's very beautiful.


This blog should actually be titled "Shit I love from Pinterest." I LOVE snicker doodles. If there is a Corner Bakery Cafe near you, run there and get the snicker doodles, NOW! They're my favorite!!! It's like a glorified chewy sugar cookie that's a lit o' bit o' heaven, and sadly, all the ingredients are in my kitchen 24-7. Here is the recipe. I apologize for your newest obsession, why the hell do you think I had to run over 7 miles on Saturday? To make up for these!!! I suggest when you make them, you don't eat them until the next day, leave them out, and they're just so chewy and delicious, especially in the morning with coffee. This is the only cookie I've ever had that is actually 20 times better the next day cold!

I've been trying new dinner recipes because I'm sick of eating the same things every month. Tonight I made this recipe, chicken FAYYYYjitas! It was actually quite delicious for a gringa trying to make some mexican food. The recipe calls for 1 pound of chicken, but the smallest I could find was 2 pounds so I just doubled the recipe, and now I have leftovers for lunch. I thought it was pretty damn good, totally worth your time making it, and if you double the recipe it's totally enough for a whole fam-damily, and YES I'm using my Pyrex for leftovers. Doesn't that butterprint dish just make these chicken fajitas dreammmmmy?

This week I have to test out a bunch more recipes because we are having a Superbowl party. My husband invited his whole shop over, and I must feed these damn Marines! Let's hope I make stuff worth posting about...

2 comments:

  1. Just got a notification that 1) you commented on my blog and 2) you linked to my blog. Welcome to real weather! It gets better, I promise!!!! And you are a total champ for running in those temperatures, it's a big change for you.

    I love that you are being so crafty and getting the most out of your pyrex collection. I can't wait to hear about the Superbowl party, wish I was there to celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are your husband's personal event coordinator. I am so jealous I didn't come up with that myself! PS. I love the mugs. Supah cute.

    ReplyDelete