Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Trip Two: Day Three (Dallas - Birmingham)

Yesterday we went from Dallas to Birmingham, Alabama, and it was our shortest trip yet! I am actually very happy that it ended up that way because we needed a break! The dogs were horrible yesterday, and if you know our dogs, they're the laziest dogs in the world. Usually our dogs sleep 23 hours a day, but not yesterday during the drive. We kept changing their spots in the truck, between on the seat between us and on the ground to get them to stop moving around so much. Every time we stopped, I took them out of the truck, and ran them up and down the truck stop to get them tired and it worked because they slept at night! Smokey is having a harder time than Petey, most likely because he is smarter and knows something is up. I'm hoping that they snap out of their funk tomorrow when we are in our new house and calm down and eat. They've been refusing to eat, and I fret over those two dogs!

We arrived at I think 5ish yesterday in Birmingham, and I immediately put on my workout clothes and hit the treadmill! You have NO idea how good a treadmill feels after three days of being locked up in the truck! We then went to eat at an Applebee's in the parking lot of our hotel because if I ate another burger or something fast food, I was going to flip! Applebee's was an experience! People in Alabama have THICK accents, they are actually pretty cute. Applebee's was so busy, it might have been the only restaurant in this little town we were in, and our poor waiter was getting shit from everyone about their food. The lady next to us, if you can even call her a lady, was ruthless!!! She was there with a friend, and when they got their food she immediately said "Is our food even warm!?" and then bitched that she didn't get her appetizer. The waiter apologized profusely and went to go get their appetizer. I then proceeded to watch Jabba the Hutt put a mound of butter in her potatoes the size of a fist! I mean it was an astronomical amount! Don't get me wrong, I slather butter on rolls and food a lot, but this was LITERALLY a mound of butter the size of a baboons heart. She then proceeded to get the trio appetizer, eat that, and then took a dessert to go! They badgered the poor waiter the whole time too demanding everything be free. Don't get me wrong, she ordered something and should have had it, but it was New Years Eve, they were ridiculously busy, and this poor kid was literally running around the restaurant. I hate people who are rude to waiters and waitresses, it's so uncalled for!

We got some good sleep last night! I love it when your head hits the pillow and you don't wake up at all until the next day. I am going to need all that sleep because we are going to be in North Carolina tomorrow and need all the energy we have to unpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment