Monday, December 31, 2012

Trip Two: Day Two: New Mexico - Dallas

Yesterday we made the long trek from New Mexico to Dallas. Dustin and I were joking that we now understand why football is SO big in west Texas, because there really isn't anything Else to fo until Dallas! In the picture below you can see what we saw...for FOURTEEN hours! Our Tom Tom is a lying bastard, he said it would take 10 hours, yeah right! We've realized that the time travel is based on the speed limit and some of the roads are 80MPH and there is no way in hell this truck can go that fast!

It was an especially long day because my phone and iPad didn't work for most of the trip! :( I had enough reception to text but it was that "E" service, whatever that is, it's slow as hell, so I couldn't even go on Pinterest! #firstworldproblems I did start the first book in the Maze Runner series and it's actually really good! It's odd to read a book where the main character is a boy, so I wasn't sure if I would like it. But it's pretty good, and I'm looking forward to the rest!

We stopped at a few rest stops and truck stops yesterday and what an experience those are! Some of them have showers in them! Weird! Gross! Scary! I also now am totally freaked out about going to the bathroom alone because of a friend who told me about some movie where Sandra Bullock gets kidnapped from a rest area? That's all I can think about, thanks Val!! It was so cold at the rest stops. Seriously, the coldest I've ever been because I'm not dressed for 27 degrees at all and it was painful just to walk the dogs and have my hands exposed. I have Cherry Point saved to my weather app on my phone and all I have to say is that, that BETTER be an error from yahoo weather down there! 1 degree in Cherry Point? There ain't no way!!! And if so, I'm definitely not prepared for that weather at all!!!!

We stayed the night in Dallas, and we were happy to see our friends the Wares!!! We had so much fun, we went to this place called "The Flying Saucer," and if was delicious!!!! My girlfriend Severina and I ordered a beer called hummingbird water, and it was delicious!!! We decided it tasted like sour patch straws, and I love weird little kid candy so it was right up my alley! We had such a good time. We all used to live in Oceanside together when our husbands were in the military and it made me miss everyone so much more. I really missed having everyone so close 4 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long, but its nice to know you always have friends in different places to visit.

Last night the dogs were very restless. I think it's because they slept all day, and they kept walking around waking me up. I am hoping and pleading that they're better tonight because I'm so exhausted! We've been waking up at 5:30 for four days in a row now, and we are in central time tonight staying in Alabama and I'm still on California time so it's making me so sluggish. I get in the truck every morning and try to sleep but its super hard in this damn truck! It was really hard to fall asleep this morning because I was munching on the Girl Scout cookies that Sevi gave us for breakfast! She better never quit her job there because I love me some Girl Scout cookies!!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment