Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day Six: We are HERE!

We were definitely sluggish this morning, so I need some Starbucks in me ASAP. We decided to go to Starbucks and map out our plan of attack of the houses that I had a list of. We went to Starbucks and we couldn't believe how nice everyone is here! We were in the parking lot, which was quite busy, and people were waving us to cross the street and waving at us. So weird. In California, it's every man for themselves it feels like sometimes!

We went and drove around the area to see where we might want to live, because we know nothing about the area. We went an peeked at a few houses, and found a few we liked, so we decided to go to a rental agency and see if we could get the keys. If you want to rent a house here, and it's empty, they just give you the key! We just gave them our name and phone numbers and they gave us 8 different keys! Can you believe that? I went to give her my license to hold, and she said they didn't do that. So bizarre and trusting!

The houses here are quite deceitful! From the outside they look HUGE and beautiful, but the floor plans are retarded! They have a lot of weird open floor plans, that I can't figure out how to put my furniture. I refuse to buy new furniture for a house that is temporary! Annnnddd no backyard fences?? What's up with that? Sometimes I like to frolic in my underwear when the blinds are open, but no one can see me because I have a fence. That shit ain't happening here! None of the ones I like have fences. You can just see into your neighbors houses, if there are any behind you. Dust and I aren't very friendly neighbors, but it looks as though we'll have to be here! And how do you let your dogs outside without a fence? If we end up getting a house without a backyard fence and I ever look up and a neighbors dog is shitting on my lawn, I'm going to pick it up with a shovel and throw it back on their lawn!

See? We Californians like our privacy. I don't want to share a space with anyone! We did see some beautiful homes, that's the only kicker. No fence, but your house is on an acre and backs up to the woods? Yes, please! We have one area in mind that seems to be the nicest area to me, that we are going to scour tomorrow and look for a house. We have a few already in mind, but I don't want to jinx it. Just keep your fingers crossed because the area is BEAUTIFUL! We keep looking for neighborhoods that I feel safe running in, and this one I just love! I have been fortunate for the past 3 years to be able to run from my house to the beach and I want to be able to do that here as well!

Here are a few photos I took today! : )

This is what it looks like when you drive into the neighborhoods, so beautiful!


This is at the end of the neighborhood I love. The beach is so close by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment