Monday, December 3, 2012

Day Three - Tucson-Dallas

Well, day three is officially over and wow. There isn't much in between Tucson and Dallas. Excuse me, there ain't shit in between Tucson and Dallas! I've only ever been to Dallas and I thought that's what the whole state of Texas is like, like mini metropolitan Dallas areas everywhere. I know the truth now! We stopped to eat at a Dairy Queen in Pecos, Texas (I think?) because I was going to die of starvation and there wasn't anything anywhere! Anyways we walked in and there was a group of high schools kids eating and they all had on tank tops and jeans tucked into their cowboy boots. Like they just got off a tractor! It was actually really cute because I love cowboy boots!

Guido and I got to talking about how so many people from Texas join the Marine Corps and what it must be like to get stationed at Camp Pendleton. If these kids come from such small towns like this, California must be a sensory overload. It's hard to imagine me growing up in a place like that, so I can't imagine them living in California with all the freaks at the beach and the nonstop go!

Anyways! We didn't do much on our drive, we saw a lot of cows and even a few horses, which I was so excited about! I did read the entire book Divergent. And if you're reading this blog and like Sci-Fi, stop what you're doing, and go read that book immediately. It was THAT good! I am soooo excited to read the second one!

We had so much fun with Sevi and David last night! They know us all too well and had Babes waiting for us. Babes is heaven on earth to me. Last time we went to Texas I ate Babes like I had never eaten before. I was grabbing food left and right (it's home style) and last night was no different!!! She even made sure I had some ham chicken!! HA! (If you've been to Babes, I call their smoked chicken, ham chicken, because it tastes like ham to me!)

I even got to give Sevi her Christmas gift! Megan's little boys got hers out and starting unwrapping it when I left or else if have a picture of hers, but I made us all the same blanket with our names on with the states we live in. Mine has California because 1. I like the way California looks and 2. I came up with these blankets months ago and North Carolina just didn't look right! Plus, we all met in California, it's a part of us! We all have anchor and heart tattoos so you'll see that we give each other heart and anchor gifts allllll the times somehow our gifts always are similar in their own unique way! I am so happy they liked their gifts because they are such good gift givers! They always get me stuff I love! I can't talk about what Sevi got us until Megan gets hers, but it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I know Megan will love it as much as I do!!!!

Anyways, we are so thankful to have friends open their doors to us and let us stay with them! I wanted to stay with Sevi longer, but I am glad that we will be back in a few short weeks and we are planning a night out when we come back to make up for some list time!

We got on the freeway to leave today, and Dustin decides to go to the gas monkey garage from the Discovery Channel. And since he's driven this whole time and I've been dictating his life like a communist, I figure I'd let him have 15 minutes to enjoy. The guys weren't in the shop yet, so the guy working told us to come back and they'd give us shirts, but we didn't want to wait any longer to hit the road again. He did let us walk in the shop and around and look at their cars they have. It was definitely different looking than what they show on the television show!

So, the pictures are of our drive, Sevis gift, Ramona's gift bag of deliciousness, and a few other random ones!

















No comments:

Post a Comment