Sunday, December 30, 2012

Packing!

Last week we spent so much time packing, that I feel like I wasted my last days of California away! On Thursday we went and picked up the moving truck, and instantly I thought it wasn't big enough for all my crap. The moving company said that it should fit a 3-4 bedroom house. Uh, yeah right. Maybe if everyone slept on mattresses on the floor and kept their clothing in shoe boxes!!!! We lived in a tiny house, it was only 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and we got a 24 foot truck, and filled it to the max!! We only have one bedroom set, and our other room was a craft room, so it's not like we had that much stuff.

Anyways, we went and picked up the truck and brought it home and Dustin backed it up into the driveway and we started putting boxes in the truck. On Thursday we mostly packed the truck up with small things we could carry ourselves. It was a little hard placing things because Dustin's motorcycle went in first and we had to stack around it. I was and am still fretting over things breaking. Don't get me wrong, I know something will break, I just have a few things that I would prefer THEY not break. When we moved off Camp Pendleton to our little yellow house, we broke one thing, a plate! I'm aiming for the same! I did make an agreement with Dustin, anything that he breaks he will replace no matter the cost and do it ASAP. Good luck hunting down those Pyrex sets Dusty!

So we packed up the truck until we were exhausted and decided to move it back a bit because it was sort of hanging out in the street. Dustin goes to move it...andddddd it won't turn over!!!!! I about died right then and there. We are supposed to drive this thing 2600 miles and it's already giving us trouble??!? Well, we had to call their hotline, and they sent a mechanic out after 2 hours of waiting, and told us it was something with the starter. He showed Dustin how to jingle it and keep turning to get it to start. I couldn't believe it! They weren't going to fix it or replace it??! What the fuck!!!!!!! (On a happier note this was 3 days ago, and the truck is fine.) I about cried right then and there because if you've driven cross country before you just KNOW there are some spots where there is nothing around! No help at all! We are still on the road, hoping nothing happens!

On Friday we loaded up the truck when my family came down with all the big stuff. It took me till 10:30am before I started crying because things weren't fitting. I have these big cute teal beachy chairs on our porch that I wanted to take so badly because our new house as a porch too. When it came down to it, Dustin said we might have to leave them and I lost it. Doing a DITY move instead of having the military move us was fine with me until I was getting forced to leave shit behind. Luckily, we got the car trailer and we were able to put them on behind my mini! But there was a hot minute where I was on the verge of a breakdown!

After we packed up, got the car trailer, we headed to my sisters house in Murrieta to stay the night so we were closer to the never ending 10 freeway. It was hard saying good bye to my family, because over the years I've realized we are an odd family. We are really close with my aunt and cousins, we were all practically raised together, so it was hard to say good bye to everyone. What makes it easier is that I know it's temporary. I keep telling myself that, and it makes it so much easier to see everything in a positive light. The hardest people to say goodbye to were our nephews. I love those little boys, and since we don't have children, we spoil them like our own. I think I had the biggest breakdown over saying good bye to them out of everyone, because I don't think they understand how far away I will be, and I'm afraid they'll forget all the fun things we did together.

Enjoy the pictures of our old home, the doggies, and our truck! I'm on my iPad so I can't insert them where I want them! Dammit!!









No comments:

Post a Comment