Saturday, December 8, 2012

We found a house!

I am back to blogging on my phone! Boo! I like the computer better because I can insert pictures for each subject. I like to think I am an extremely organized person, and I hate it when the pictures are out of order! When I have time, I'll go back and fix some of my posts.

Anyways, we have a house! We were really stressing on Thursday to the point where we were wandering around aimlessly calling people willing to take anything. So when we got the call to take the house that we wanted from the beginning, I started to cry. I have been so stressed out, and I'm the type of person that is miserable with anything I don't absolutely love. We almost took a different house on the same street that wasn't as cute, and I know if we did I would forever be walking by the beautiful home we wanted cursing the new renters.

We got very lucky with this home. It's been vacant for 2 months now, so they were desperate for some renters, so we bargained the rent down a bit! I have become quite a thrifty person (sort of) now that I'm older and spending my own money. It also helps that I'm married to an Italian. I swear he never wants to pay full price for anything!

Anyways, this house is gigantic compared to the one we live in now. Our current house is a 50s California cottage/bungalow near the beach. It still has the original light fixtures and has so much character, so I knew we needed a house similar in charm! This house is a lot larger than anything we have ever lived in before, so we are going to need some new furniture! It's 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, with a FROG. What is a frog? It's a "finished room over garage" aka MAN CAVE! I'll include a picture but the walls are angled or else it would be a perfect craft room, but my sewing cabinets wouldn't fit up there anyways. So Dustin is going to turn it into his Marine Corps memorabilia room, and we will probably put a futon up there for more guest sleeping space. Plus I am so happy to have a place for the kinect! I'm going to drop down and get my eagle on up in that room playing Dance Central!

I have started looking for furniture like crazy, online, antique stores, anything I can google! I decided I DON'T want to purchase any large pieces! Instead I have been going on Pinterest like a mad woman. I've decided to make the items we need (if I am able to.) I always knew this blog would turn into a craft blog once we found our home! Luckily, the husband is sort of handy, so we should be able to make some good stuff! I'll do another post for just the items I'll be making or else this blog will ramble like my others!

So here are some pictures of our home and the area we are moving to! We are on our way to Dustin's uncles house today! They're keeping our car for us until we return in 3 weeks, thank The Lord for them! They've been so generous to open up their homes to us!













No comments:

Post a Comment