Monday, December 10, 2012

Lewisville & House Plans

Dustin & I arrived in Lewisville on Saturday to spend time with his aunt & uncle. Dustin hadn't seen them since he was 17, more than 10 years ago! You'd think it would have been a bit awkward, but it wasn't in the least! They are the nicest people. They opened their home to us, and are even keeping Dustin's jeep for us until we return in three weeks. We had so much fun at their house this weekend, it was a BLAST! They live in a beautiful home, exactly what you'd expect from a southern home. All brick, huge home, and cozy! Dustin's aunt Lamona cooked up a storm. Seriously, she baked I think 3 different cakes on Sunday, and I hadn't eaten that much, well in forever! I couldn't get enough of her cooking! Last night she made stuffed shells that were to DIE FOR. They made our little stay wonderful, and we will be forever grateful for how lovely we were treated. They are truly just the most wonderful, loving people. It's so sweet to see that Dustin's uncle has cared for him so much over these past few years. We were laughing so much about old family stories that at one point I thought, "my face hurts from smiling so much!" We also learned some embarrassing stories about Dustin's younger brother, Dennis, that we are STILL laughing about, and I can't wait to see Dennis to tease him about them!

We are at the airport now waiting for our flight, so it's been the perfect time to do some planning! Our new home is HUGE compared to what we live in and we need some furniture!

Here is what I am thinking we need:
-2 matching comfy chairs & ottomans "reading chairs" the house has what I think is a formal dining area, but I'd get MUCH more use out of a reading nook
-1 comfy chair & ottoman for our bedroom, it has like a master suite type of deal
-1 bench seat for the end of our bed
-Extra bedroom furniture (a WHOLE set! YIKES!)
-Rugs for the entry and living room
-Bathroom items for the master bath (we'll be putting our current decor in the extra bathroom)
-Man Cave items (not involved in this process!)

In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to make a lot of the decor or even furniture if I can. I've had my eye on pallet ideas for a while now, I just haven't had the time or commitment to jump in and do it. I KNOW I can make a pallet headboard.  I just need to see some ideas to get the feel for it. I LOVE the way these bedrooms are set up below. I have SO many pallet ideas, and I kept showing Dustin and he was getting a little "pallet out." He kept saying, we can't have pallets on every wall Elizabeth! Oh yeah, watch me!! ;)

Extra Bedroom Ideas - Pallet headboard?
 I LOVE this one with the shelf above the pallet, and so does my aunt Wendy, so I think this is a YES!

I've ALWAYS wanted a little bench at the foot of our bed, the directions on how to make this one is on my Pinterest. It's made wih 2x4s so it is super cheap, and I think I can master that antique look with paint.

Pallet side table? I think this would be SO cute for the extra bedroom. I have a trunk in mind that I want to put on top of this pallet end table. Wouldn't it be so cute to put your guests towels and toiletries in an open trunk? :)

Our master bath has a separate shower and bathtub, but the shower doesn't have a glass door. It's actually one of the weirdest things about the house that I don't like. It's a stand up shower, with a shower curtain? Do they even make curtains for those? Anyways, who cares if they DO make them because mama is going to copy those anthropologie ones that are like nearly $200 for a stupid shower curtain? Oh hell no! I can TOTALLY make this. I just have to get brave and master a ruffle footer. Luckily, when my grandpa gave me my grandmothers sewing stuff earlier this year, there was a ruffle attachment for my sewing machine in her stuff. Isn't that just meant to be!? I have NO idea what to do about the colors. This yellow is cute, but not my style. I think the bathroom is sort of that odd pinkish/salmon color? Yeah, not my style either. What do I accent it with? MORE pink?? Ehhh. Let me know if you have any ideas because I want it to be rather neutral since Dustin will be using it too. I guess I could do beige...


Looks like a shower curtain? Right? NOPE! It's a regular curtain made from walmart sheets! I DIE for this. SOOO cute. I swear our new room has SIX windows in it!!! All with window dressings on them already, but they're beige? Not my style. I don't even know what my style is, rustic? Shabby chic? Vintage? Crazy misplaced Californian girl? I do know that it would cost me $60 to make these white curtains from Walmart! HECK YES!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that your savings can support your plan. Do not exaggerate the plan if you think that the expenses will exceed to your financial capacity.

    House Plans Houston

    ReplyDelete